Sign in to follow this  
s13k's

R32 GTR interior in S13

Im looking for a interior upgrade and would like a pair of R32 GTR seats but Id also like to get the rear seats.

Does anyone know if they fit in a S13? Any mods?

If its possible Ill probably go down that route and retrim my glovebox and door cards in the same material.

You guy reckon Type X seats are a close match?

$T2eC16hHJHcFFkSpjHCDBRg6gLdib!~~60_35.JPG

s12_sky_1.jpg

type x rears will most likely not fit as they are different structurally, 180sx seats have a back plate thing in them whereas silvia ones dont because the floor is the backing if you know what I mean

type x rears will most likely not fit as they are different structurally, 180sx seats have a back plate thing in them whereas silvia ones dont because the floor is the backing if you know what I mean

Oh yeah your are right, Ive seen on ebay that alot of people are just selling the "skins" of Type Xs. So I basically just need to take off the fabric and put it on my own seats.

Would that be the easiest way Im guessing? Because the seats are the same design/shape?

If you have the skin of the Type X seats then I'm sure you can get someone (or DIY) to modify it to fit the s13 rear seats for sure.

I hve gtr 32 fronts and type x rear, they match perfectly! I also have the full type x interior so everything matches, it took a while to find everything but looks nice and modern for a 19 yr old car, i will dig around for some photos if you want.

I hve gtr 32 fronts and type x rear, they match perfectly! I also have the full type x interior so everything matches, it took a while to find everything but looks nice and modern for a 19 yr old car, i will dig around for some photos if you want.

Oh nice! Do you have any photos? Id love to see what it looks like

what are you talking about there exactly the same.

Same. The S13 has a boot port and so it requires the metal plate in the seat much as the 180sx requires the metal for it to support the occupants.

The reason people say that the S14/S15 rear seats can be made to work in the S13 but not the 180sx is because they do not fit at all, so they need a frame around them to mount them against. The the S13 has this but the 180sx does not, being a liftback. Realistically, if you were going down the S15 seat path you would be better off removing the fabric skins from both seats and mounting the S15 skin in place of the S13/180sx skin using hog rings. In your case OP, you would just buy a Type X rear seat and bolt it in. Should we be wrong and it doesn't fit for reasons unknown, you can always reskin your seats with the Type-X fabric anyway.

Edited by pmod

I used type x trim in my 13 then sold my spare type x trim to a chic that has a 13.

There the same even the plastic quarter trims are the same.

The only difference between 13s and 180s are the roof and rear beaver other then that there the same.

Same. The S13 has a boot port and so it requires the metal plate in the seat much as the 180sx requires the metal for it to support the occupants.

The reason people say that the S14/S15 rear seats can be made to work in the S13 but not the 180sx is because they do not fit at all, so they need a frame around them to mount them against. The the S13 has this but the 180sx does not, being a liftback. Realistically, if you were going down the S15 seat path you would be better off removing the fabric skins from both seats and mounting the S15 skin in place of the S13/180sx skin using hog rings. In your case OP, you would just buy a Type X rear seat and bolt it in. Should we be wrong and it doesn't fit for reasons unknown, you can always reskin your seats with the Type-X fabric anyway.

Yeah Im probably going to get R32 GTR front seats, Type X rears, door cards and glove box :)

I used type x trim in my 13 then sold my spare type x trim to a chic that has a 13.

There the same even the plastic quarter trims are the same.

The only difference between 13s and 180s are the roof and rear beaver other then that there the same.

As in trim do you mean the actual fabric? If so where can I get some for my glove box and door cards?! haha

No trim as in interior.

Oh okay, Ill go to a import dealer and see if the Type X seats are the same fabric as the GTR ones, Im really fussy about this like that lol.

No trim as in interior.

Oh okay, Ill go to a import dealer and see if the Type X seats are the same fabric as the GTR ones, Im really fussy about this like that lol.

They aren't the same material (GTRs use a microsuede from memory), but the colours are close as you can see. Get too fussy and you'll go broke dude.

No trim as in interior.

They aren't the same material (GTRs use a microsuede from memory), but the colours are close as you can see. Get too fussy and you'll go broke dude.

No words would be truer :P Ill see what happens, Id really like to see that guys photos who is running the same interior as what I want.

Thanks for the help btw